Caramelized Onion Pork Chops
An easy way to make sweet caramelized onions for your pork chops.
|1 tablespoon olive oil
||4 pork chops
|1 cup water
- Mix together the seasonings (garlic, salt, and pepper) in a small bowl.
- Rub a small amount of the seasoning mixture into both sides of the pork chops.
- In a skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Brown pork chops on each side.
- Cut the onion into strips.
- Add the onion strips and water to the pan. Cover, reduce to a simmer, and cook for 20 minutes.
- Turn the chops over, and sprinkle on some more of your seasonings mixture.
- Cover, and cook until the water evaporates and the onions turn a light medium brown. (BEWARE: Once the water is close to being gone, keep an eye on the onions! It is easy to let them burn, but they are the most delicious part of this recipe!)
- Remove chops from the pan, and serve with the onions on top.
[4 Stars] Martín Alejandro Cortez really likes Caramelized Onion Pork Chops. Here's why:
This recipe would easily earn 5 stars if it weren't for the fact that this recipe is a little difficult to cook. It didn't seem like the water was evaporating very quickly, so I uncovered the pan, and turned up the heat. Unfortunately, I didn't pay careful enough attention to it, and burnt some of the onions. However, the few onions that survived made absolutely the best topping of pork chops that have ever come out of my kitchen.
Last Updated by Martín Cortez on Jun 21, 2002.